PRE TREATMENT CARE
– Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen 24 hours before your procedure
– No alcohol or caffeine is to be consumed on the day of the procedure
– No waxing or tinting 3 days prior
- Do not use any brow serums 3 days prior to your treatment
- Please avoid fish oil tablets 24 hours prior to your appointment and avoid consuming foods high in omegas
– Do not tan intentionally in the sun or have a sunburned face
- Do not fake tan
The Following treatments are not recommended 30 days prior to your treatment:
Botox and Fillers
Laser Treatments ( on the face )
– Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle
POST TREATMENT CARE
Your brows are now in your hands! The first 24 hours following your procedure are most crucial. post care Should be followed immediately after your feathering procedure has been completed. Failure to comply with aftercare may result in compromised healing. The aftercare given to you is to ensure you get the best results.
– The tattooed area will appear darker and more sharply defined immediately after your procedure
– Colour is dark during the first 2 to 7 days. 7 days later, it loses 40 to 50% of its intensity
– During the 4-8 week healing process, the tattoo will begin its healing and bonding process and soften and lighten. Although the true colour will appear after at least 4-6 weeks
– Redness and swelling is usually minimal but can be present for a period of 24 hours and in rare cases up to 2-3 days
- you may experience some warmth in the skin for a few hours post treatment
– Make sure your hands are washed thoroughly before touching the tattooed area - avoid any unnecessary contact
– Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water, Aftercare cleanser and patting dry with a clean cotton round as advised by your specialised on the day. this is crucial to avoid infection and scab formation.
– While showering avoid using any soaps, cleansers (not recommended by your specialists) , Shampoo/ conditioner getting on the treated area for the first day as they can be detrimental to the bonding process.
– Only use after balm given to you on the day of your treatment for the following week. this balm is universal and can be used on any skin type. The aftercare balm has healing and antibacterial properties which will aid in the skins healing process and keep the skin hydrated.
– Do NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness/scabs, let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healed skin will completely cover the feathered strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared or faded significantly. Within 1-2 weeks following the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates itself.
– Do NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 1-2 weeks
– Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additional work that needs to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4-6 weeks later.
– Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. For further protection wear sunglasses and a hat
- Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine water although following your feathering procedure swimming in chlorine and salt water must be avoided for 4 weeks.
– Glycolic acid and face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment
– If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolour the tattooed area.
- if you are having chemical peels in the future please inform your technician as use of acids directly onto the tattooed area can also lighten and discolour the tattooed area.
– Colour duration and retention primarily depends on the condition of the skin and for example how oily the skin is. The oilier the skin, the shorter the colour lasts. Sweating and sun exposure may also reduce the longevity of your feathering.
- With problematic and oily skins you may require additional touch ups to be completed
The success of the treatment depends on the;
Skin Quality and type
Post-treatment healing and compromised aftercare
Exposure to different external factors
The healing process isn't fully completed until after 28 days and this is when we perform your touch up appointment.
Once your eyebrow feathering procedure has been completed, your brows are now in your hands. All of these factors are out of the artists control. We are unable to predict longevity, your skins healing and colour retention. however every effort will made to ensure you get the best results.
Please refer to our terms and conditions policy